16 May, 2008

First Post

Blogging. The final frontier.

OK, that's not technically true. I haven't joined Myspace, Facebook, or any of those other social networking sites yet. Maybe next week. Looking over the features available here, I suppose it's not bad. Hell, who knows how long I'll even keep this up. I have an innate resistance toward the completely open society our culture seems to be aiming for. More on this later, maybe.

It occurs to me at this moment that first posts are somewhat like the first strip of a new webcomic. That is to say, it sucks. Your only options are to dive right in to the story, leaving people clueless until some details can be filled in, or to introduce the cast by means of text-heavy monologuing. I'm going to shoot for the latter.

That being said, here's a list of what we can (hopefully) expect here: My opinions on things that I find interesting. That's it. It may be movies, technology, music, gaming, or what have you. Don't expect too much in the way of video game coverage though. If you want that, there are a million other blogs out there by people who are way more into them than I am. I'll probably highlight interesting activities/hobbies I'm currently hooked on as well, and expect a Sunday report of my weekly D&D game.

Now, more importantly, here is a list of things that will not be covered here: "Dear Diary" crap. The purpose of this experiment is not to expose my most personal feelings, experiences or desires to the world, and as I have already stated, I don't like the completely open society concept. Also, I won't be posting anything about stuff I don't give a crap about. Deal with it. Finally, if it isn't at least a little bit geeky, don't expect much coverage here. Exceptions may be made, but if so, it will be on an individual basis and with good reason.

Well, I guess that about sums up my "First Post". Moderate me -1 offtopic and call it a day.



"Glory is fleeting, but obscurity is forever." ---Napoleon Bonaparte

No comments: